Everyone loves chocolate! And if you are one of those who loves enjoying chocolate while watching your favorite program lounging on the couch, welcome to the family. Imagine a scenario, what will you do if you find a chocolate stain melted on the couch? You will surely get frustrated, and curse yourself for not paying attention. And if you have little munchkins in the house, such accidents are almost inevitable. But hey, these stains can be removed and your upholstery can be spot free once again. You can do upholstery cleaning on your own with the following method.
Chocolate Stain Removal from Upholstery
- Remove the chocolate stain from the couch using a spoon.
- Pour two cups of cold water in a container and mix one tablespoon of the liquid dishwasher.
- Dip a cloth into the cleaning solution and start removing the stain from the upholstery. The stain must have started to fade.
- Dampen a cloth with clean water and wipe it across the affected area.
- Wipe a clean and dry towel to remove any moisture from the couch.
- Let the treated area air-dry completely.
- Bring dry-cleaning solvent and apply 2-3 drops onto the treated area.
- Blot the affected area with a towel for the complete removal of the stain.
As soon as you notice the chocolate stain on the couch, take the action quickly. If the chocolate stain sits for a longer time, it becomes difficult to remove, as it may seep deeper into the couch. And in case, the above method does not work for your couch, here we have an alternative method for the chocolate stain removal. Have a look.
- Scrape the chocolate pieces from the couch with the help of a scraping tool. Be careful and don’t rub, as it may work the stain into the fiber.
- Dampen a cloth into a soapy solution and make sure to use hot water for making a solution.
- Rub the stain gently with the soapy cloth. You will notice that the stain has started to lighten.
- Use a clean dry towel to soak in the moisture.
- If the stain is still there, then apply cornmeal onto the affected area of the upholstery. Cornmeal will absorb the chocolate stain and excess moisture from the couch.
- Let the cornmeal it for at least 30 minutes.
- Once cornmeal has accomplished its job, gently brush it off the upholstery using the dry towel.
Additional tips to removal liquid chocolate stains
- Blot the hot chocolate stain using a dry towel to absorb the maximum amount before cleaning. Make sure to remove the stain completely or else dairy products in the hot chocolate start producing the sour smell.
- If hot chocolate spills on the couch, blot it up with the help of the paper towel and absorb the stain as much as possible.
- Dab the paper towel directly onto the stain, and do not wipe it; doing so will lead spread it.
These are the two methods that you can use to make your sofa free from chocolate stains. But, in case you don’t get enough time and are afraid to take the risk, we recommend you to take the professional help. Couch Cleaning Sydney is one of the best upholstery cleaning service providers in Sydney that offers top-notch services. You can call us anytime for your best help, our efficient team is always ready to serve you and knows the best ways to tackle such stubborn stains.